Increase the number of usage occasions by your customers
You can do this by encouraging purchase through loyalty programs or frequent buyer discounts e.g.
· Coffee shops that offer frequent user cards that provide 1 free coffee after 10 purchases or similar.
· Movie companies that offer lower ticket prices by buying 10 movie passes in one go.
· Insurance companies who offer an overall discount for buying more than one insurance product from them.
Add new products and services for your existing customers to buy
It is best to add on complementary products or services. This means adding on something that fits well into your current image and customer perceptions of your business. It is a good idea because it means less cost for your business (as it's an area you shouldn't have to learn too many new skills to do) and a higher likelihood your customers would trial it (because they would find it understandable your business now offers this new addition).
· To help get customer interest peeking on your new product, why not provide free samples or a discounted offer to get some customer experiences under your belt. For a service, it may be a free 1 hour consultation etc.
· Use any positive customer comments as a promotional opportunity to tell other customers why they should try your new product. Social media platforms such as Facebook can be very helpful for using this approach.
Try asking your existing customers what products or services they would like your business to offer!
· Through a quick survey done online, by mail or by phone, you can ask customers if there's something they would like or could suggest for a new product idea.
· Try giving some sort of fun and meaningful incentive to help but most importantly, get their involvement. Providing them a chance to be involved with your business can build a much closer bond and real interaction with your brand.